Wayne developed and implemented the strategic direction for all technology within a large professional services firm. His highlights include:
- Designed and managed the implementation of an innovative telephone system to meet the requirements of an increasingly mobile organisation. This involved the replacement of all PABX equipment with a combination of 80% cellular phones and 20% Centrex landlines whilst retaining the operational features of a PABX based solution.
- Negotiated the sale of all owned computer hardware and its replacement under an operating lease. This included the selection of suppliers for both the hardware and the lease and the associated negotiation of contracts.
- Recruited and developed a team of customer-focused professionals whose aim was to provide excellent customer service whilst maintaining a rewarding and enjoyable work environment. He saw minimal staff turnover from a lean, high achieving team.
- Investigated the feasibility of and then implemented a unique outsourcing model which encompassed all help desk phone support nationally, and managed an ongoing successful relationship with the supplier.
- Set and managed technology budgets and through devising innovative solutions maximised the benefits from each dollar invested to achieve more whilst spending less.
- Responsible for creating multiple Service Level Agreements including an agreement to provide support services to a division following their separation from the firm.
- Created a fast and reliable technology infrastructure to support the firm through a period of growth and the introduction of new and updated systems. Designed and managed the implementation of the local area networks (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) architectures and introduced a remote access solution that supported the firm’s New Zealand data communications.
- Provided project management for the implementation of a number of high risk, high impact solutions into the firm including their Year 2000, telephone system and computer replacement projects.
Wayne has been involved on project teams for a number of clients evaluating, selecting and implementing enterprise systems including a financial management information system for a government department, a financial management system for a large New Zealand manufacturer in the telecommunications sector and manufacturing, inventory and distribution systems.
He interviewed management of a large New Zealand Manufacturing company to establish requirements, prepared detail analysis of the current systems, resolved ISO9000 and connectivity issues, analysed information flows and provided recommendations for process improvements;
Wayne has performed a number of quality reviews for projects including a Financial Management System implementation into a government organisation and a migration from Novell Netware to Microsoft Windows NT for an Oil company;
He has designed and implemented a number of local area network solutions for a variety of organisations with a variety of network operating systems including Microsoft Windows NT, Novell Netware, IBM LAN Server and LAN Manager. The networks ranged from 30 users to more than 1000 users across multiple locations.